Monday, November 29, 2010

You're WRONG if you don't love Vin Scully

Vin Scully turned 83 today.
Yes, he's still alive.
He's arguably the greatest broadcaster of all time (I should disclose I am a Dodgers fan, but many others still agree he's No. 1).
Scully has captured some of America's greatest sports moments with the appropriate grace and flair:
Kirk Gibson's walk-off home run in Game 1 of the 1988 World Series, Joe Montana's pass to Dwight Clark in the back of the end zone in 1982 NFC Championship Game, Buckner's error — there are countless moments.
He's always known just what to say. He's not as sharp as he used to be, I'm sure, but I'm glad he's coming back for one more season.
At this point, he's the only thing about Dodgers worth paying attention to.
Happy Birthday, Vin.
Photo courtesy of the Associated Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a 24-year-old California-born sports reporter living in Dodge City, Kansas. I sleep on an air mattress in the living room of my friend's tiny, dirty apartment.